Know Everything About The Surgical Procedure Of The Male Blepharoplasty

What Is The Target Of Male Blepharoplasty?

Blepharoplasty in men is performed to improve their overall appearance and, in some situations, to improve their peripheral vision. The approach to male blepharoplasty (ตา สอง ชั้น ผู้ชาย, which is the term in Thai) differs from that used on women in that he is more careful to preserve the patient’s inherent masculine features while removing fat and skin.

Although the procedures for male and female blepharoplasty are identical, meticulous attention is taken to detail and cutting-edge methods produce natural results without reducing the size of the patient’s eyes or making them look too feminine. When doing an upper eyelid blepharoplasty on a man, it is essential to take the time to assess the position of his brows since drooping brows might affect the overall aesthetic of the procedure. Under local anesthetic, a male blepharoplasty can be performed with the patient fully awake and at ease.

How Is The Surgical Procedure?

Most of our blepharoplasty patients (about 75%) elect to have the procedure done right here in our office, while the remaining patients (around 25%) choose to go elsewhere. On the day of surgery,

Our office does not administer sedation; however, you will be given light sedatives through an IV at the operation center.

While under anesthesia, the doctor may have you open and close your eyes at different moments during the procedure for optimal visibility.

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty in men takes around an hour, and there is no need to remove the stitches (which will dissolve after about a week).

How Does One Recover?

Male blepharoplasty often has a quick recovery time, according to patients.

  • Swelling and bruising around the upper and sometimes lower eyelids are the most apparent aspects of rehabilitation. Care for the lids with cold and heat for the duration of the condition, which can last from one to two weeks.
  • The pain after surgery is comparable to a light headache and can be alleviated with over-the-counter pain relievers such as Tylenol or ibuprofen.
  • Most patients can return to regular activity within 1-2 weeks, with some activities being possible the day following surgery, despite any edema.
  • One week after surgery, we’ll have a follow-up appointment.

What Is The Average Blepharoplasty Survival Rate?

The benefits of an upper eyelid treatment often last anywhere from ten to fifteen years before the skin starts to droop again due to natural cause. However, the effects of lower eyelid surgery, primarily the result of the elimination and redistribution of extra orbital fat, tend to stay longer.