Rolex Sea Dweller has a fascinating history that dates back to 1967 when the brand developed a timepiece to address the needs of the professional divers who were working at the deepest river depths possible. The timepiece was released in 1971 though, thanks to patent delay and the Robert A. Barth, the US Navy diver-pioneered helium escape valve. It was initially nicknamed ‘Single Red’, owing to the presence of a red text line and 1600 feet depth rating.
Rolex Sea-Dweller VS Rolex Deepsea: Which One To Buy And Why?
Both the Rolex Deepsea and Rolex Sea-Dweller contains an Oyster case. The Oyster case for both the timepieces includes the following
- Case back
- Winding crown
- Middle case and screwd into each and protecting it from moisture by sealing it.
Both the watches are professional divers’ favourites.
The Differences Between Rolex Sea-Dweller And Rolex Deepsea
The major differences between the two Rolex watches are their unimaginable pressure resistance. As for water resistance, the Rolex Sea-Dweller can resist up to 4,000/1,220 meters, compared to Rolex Deepseak which can resist water of up to 12,800/3,900 meters.
The Unique Features of Rolex Sea-Dweller Which Helps them To Stand Out
The newer versions of the Rolex Sea-Sweller from 2017 onwards contains a date magnifier which also has a nickname-cyclops. This date magnifier has been looked up as a standard in most of the Rolex timepieces. The two red text lines on the dial of the Sea-Dweller Submariner 2000 is what makes them distinguished.
Identifying Duplicate Rolex Sea-Dweller And How
Duplicate Rolex watches is one of the major problems because identifying a real timepiece from a premium-quality fake watch isn’t easy. If you are investing in a Rolex Sea-Dweller, make sure to buy it only from an authorized store. Here are some of the ways to identify fake Rolex Sea-Dweller timepieces.
- Price is extremely low than the market value.
- The timepiece doesn’t come with a box and has no papers.
- You can come across some noticeable flaws like wrong hands and misspelt words.
- Instead of being white, the luminous dot of the bezel has a green tone.
- The engraving rather than being etched is airbrushed and is smooth.
- The bracelet and band of the watch are of poor quality. You might even notice out of alignment diver extension.
- Unauthentic Rolex lettering inside the movement.
- Incorrect dimensions in terms of circumference and thickness.
If you find any of these flaws in the Rolex watch, be certain that it is a counterfeit timepiece. To avoid buying a fake Rolex Sea-Dweller, count on Nam Sawang. The authorized Rolex store offers a luxurious range of Rolex timepieces that can complement your personality.