The blood is made up of constituents that have a liquid form and a solid form. The liquid part is known as plasma, which is made up of water, salts, and protein. Many elements can be found in the blood that as well makes for the proper functioning of the body, part of it is calcium which is our major emphasis in this article, calcium built in the body is one of the things that makes people want to do a calcium heart score test. Calcium is a mineral that is mostly connected with healthy bones and teeth, it helps muscles to contract, and it plays a key role in regulating normal functioning of the heart rhythms, also nerve functions. Add up to 99% of the total calcium found in the body is stored up in human bones, and the remaining 1% of the calcium in the body is found in blood, muscle, and other tissues in the body. And for the body to function very well daily, there is a level of calcium that must be in the blood.

A calcium heart score is a test that is carried out to know the level of calcium that is present in the blood in other to be sure if we have a proper calcium count in the body or if it is getting too high for a normal state of calcium that is supposed to be in the body. Calcium is an essential mineral found in the human body, however, when it becomes excessive in the bloodstream it can be very detrimental, when it combines with cholesterol, it has a very devastating effect on human health. They form plaque that adheres to the wall of the arteries, and it causes the hardening of the wall of the artery, and these deposits can cause complete or partial blockage. The build-up of calcium in the bloodstream can increase the risk of having coronary artery disease, and also when there is too much calcium in the bloodstream, one has a tendency of more exposed to heart attacks and stroke.

That is why it is important to check once calcium heart score to know the exact state of the calcium deposit in one’s body system, and be sure that it is kept in a proper state, and that it does not get higher than it ought to be, moderately at all level is one thing that cannot be overemphasized, and what we eat and expose our body to in the name of the diet is one thing to pay attention too.